Thursday, January 31, 2008
- last night, we had a really terrible wind storm blow through town. our trash can and lawn furniture were tossing around our backyard like leaves! for about 1.5 hours before we put the kids down, the electricity was out. i lit a bunch of candles so we could see. the kids must have sang "happy birthday" and pretended they were blowing out candles a hundred times! they were having so much fun!
- the kids and i picked tim up for lunch today. we saw tim's co-worker mike who is always so sweet to the kids. sarah told mike that she was going to bring him a cookie from costco.
- since we are in the "birthday" spirit after last night's events, when the lady at costco today offered us a sample of chocolate cake, the kids asked if it was birthday cake. and then sang "happy birthday" and pretended to blow out candles the rest of the ride through costco.
- the only reason i can shop peacefully at costco is because of the sweet ladies in the bakery department who always give the kids a cookie to enjoy while i enjoy shopping. when the kids got their cookies today, sarah reached back into the box to get another cookie. when i told sarah that she could only have 1 cookie, she said, "i have to get one for mike and one for tim!" i couldn't believe she was really thinking we were taking cookies back to tim's work.
- one of the kids other favorite things to do at costco is go into the refridgerated section to pick out fruits and veggies. the whole time we are at costco, the kids ask if we are going to go get cold. then they say, "brrrrrrrr!" a million times. the kids were so loud today "acting cold" while we were in the fridge area. all of the other shoppers were laughing at us!
- wow! who ever thought you could write almost an entire post about costco?!? its really like a treat to the kids to get to go there!
- oh, yeah! all of the sudden, drew is saying, "yuck!" when he puts his pacie in his mouth and then hands his pacie to me. is he going to wean himself from his pacie on his own?!?
- speaking of drew milestones, drew pooped on the potty tonight and stayed dry in big boy underwear for 2 hours! he LOVES to wear his big boy underwear! i'm thinking of putting him in pullups for preschool tomorrow!!!
sarah and drew had chocolate in their stockings...which they promptly unwrapped and devoured right before eating dinner. hey...its christmas right?!?
sarah striking a pose in front of the new step stools. looking a little like john travolta there sar!
drew "neighed" at least 1,000 times on his new horsie. notice the chocolate ALL over his face!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Monday, January 28, 2008
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
sweet cousin haylee let the little girls play with her makeup and paint! she is THE BEST with them! its surreal how i used to be the older cousin keeping the kiddos entertained...i am so appreciative of the help!!!
the wood siblings...L to R: bill, susan, jodie, and rick
the first cousins and spouses (except jessica)...drew snuck in the pic too!
savannah, joanna, and sarah...i need to brag on joanna for a sec...she is graduating from pharmacy school in the spring! what a woman!!!
as a complete surprise to the bill wood family, the REST of the family decided to honor andy for his service to our country in afghanistan. of course, we were ALL crying, but it was a wonderful tribute and so thoughtful! we even had a playing of the air force fight song!