Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
well, we had our first visit to the emergency room last night!!! sarah and carter were playing, and sarah pulled a chair over on top of her that had carter in it! the chair is really heavy...so sarah had at least 30 lbs on top of her little body. and, of course, she had on her new glasses! the glasses faired pretty well...just need one of the nose pieces readjusted! anyway...i called the after hours clinic at our pediatrician's office, and they said if there was ANY chance sarah needed stitches to go to the er. since she's a girl, we thought a big scar on her face would just give her extra ammunition to hate us as a teenager, so we all loaded up and went to the hospital! nana and pop pop were already there because sarah's cousin nicholas had his tonsils removed yesterday morning! so, they came down to visit us in the er. and mimi came up, too! she kept drew in the waiting room while sarah was examined! sarah was great! she just told every nurse and doc, "bye bye" (like she had at the zoo) when she was ready for them to leave her alone! and they gave her a popsicle and stickers...so i think that she thought the whole experience was a smashing success! we made it home in less than 5 hours. not too shabby! these pics are from this morning. i was expecting it to look worse today than last night, but it actually looks better now that the swelling has gone down some! i think the whole fiasco was way harder on tim and me than sarah. just as it should be! so, we took it easy today for a little recovery time! and tonight sarah is at her weekly sleepover at nana and pop pop's house! yea!
Sunday, August 20, 2006
Saturday, August 19, 2006
please excuse the sketchiness of these pictures...sarah had just gotten home from our friend bailey's football game (about 110 degrees outside) and we had stripped her down to her diaper and pulled her hair up out of her face randomly! AND the crazy bottle is a whole 'nother story! i was switching out drew's 4 ounce bottles for 8 ounce bottles and sarah found these crazy colored bottles that we have never used down in the bag. she was so excited and asked for water in it. ok, the kid just had to get glasses...i thought i could let her have A bottle. they have "mysteriously vanished" while sarah is sleeping tonight.
back to the glasses...sarah has been perfect! she hasn't tried to pull them off but once! she's even pushed them up on her nose when they've fallen down! the only time they have seemed to bother her is when she tries to rub her eyes (getting sleepy). so, one day down, a million more to go! and our friend josh is going to take some "real" pics of sarah tomorrow, so i'll post those tomorrow night!
Friday, August 18, 2006
Thursday, August 17, 2006
happy 28th birthday to my hubby, tim! i wanted to use this thursday thirteen to list 13 great things about my awesome husband!!! (you'll probably need a tissue or garbage can after reading this depending on your cheesiness tolerance!)
1. he's a phenomenal father to sarah and drew! i knew from the moment i met him that he would be the best daddy in the whole world, but he has surpassed my expectations a million times over!
2. he's the sweetest husband! he lets me get away with murder sometimes (ok, most of the time!). he is so patient when i am stressed out, or being ocd, etc.
3. he's a wonderful christian man. he's such a good example to his family, friends, and co-workers.
4. he's a computer genius! he can fix any computer problem...somehow he has ALL the pop up screens memorized and can talk you through any computer problem over the phone!
5. he's a hard worker! when i make him a list (remember how i said he was a great husband?), he works and works and works until he gets all his "honey-do list" done.
6. he's a loyal friend. he keeps in touch with friends from elementary school even! he loves his friends with all his heart.
7. he's a huge flirt! i know that sounds like a weird thing for a wife to love about her husband...but, he can make any situation comfortable. whether he's "flirting" with a 2 year old, 32 year old, or 92 year old, they all love him in minutes!
8. he's a loving son. as i've said before, one of my favorite and first memories of tim is him hugging his parents good bye at disciple now in 8th grade. he puts his family above all else.
9. he's a big goof. he has the same silly, immature sense of humor as me!
10. he's a closet "girlie tv/movie" guy! he will sit down while i am watching gilmore girls or 10 things i hate about you and totally get sucked in...and ask a million questions about what he's missed in the show! AND, he loves hannah montana on disney! what?!?
11. he's a night owl AND a morning person (not really his choice!)! he'll stay up late with me, and let me catch an extra 30 minutes of sleep in the morning after i get up and feed drew! he tries to help out in other ways since he can't nurse!!!
12. he's a romantic at heart! he's always doing sweet things for me!
13. he's tim. i'm just so thankful that tim is my little timmy! he's the greatest! i am so blessed to have him in my life! i hope you have a wonderful birthday sweetie!
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Thursday, August 10, 2006
thirteen random things about this last week...
1. a HUGE storm blew through germantown this afternoon...very unexpectedly. i was in drew's room nursing him to sleep and i heard an extremely loud crash. the umbrella in our patio set lifted out of its stand and came crashing down into our glass top table! yikes!!!
2. sarah is farsighted and has an astigmatism. she is getting glasses to correct her vision. we are really talking up how special glasses are because they are like daddy's.
3. i bought a new pair of pants for work on sunday (tax free!). i washed them ONCE and the hem fell out on one leg. yuck!
4. drew learned to jump in his exersaucer. he thinks he is so cool to bounce and squeal in delight...LOUDLY!!!
5. drew is almost sitting up independently. he just gets so excited and tumbles over!
6. i worked for the first time since 2 weeks before drew's birth on wednesday. i work again tomorrow.
7. i work at a nursing home/rehab facility now. different job from before drew.
8. on the elevator at work, i asked a resident how she was doing. she replied, "i've got a bad heart, my hip is broken, and my daughter's out of town so i don't have any clean underwear". i forgot what it was like to work with the elderly.
9. my brain is getting overloaded with our schedule for this fall. my calendar has an event almost every day!!! our activities somehow quadrupled by adding 1 more child!
10. we got our flowerbeds cleaned out and mulched. our yard looks amazing!!!
11. sarah is already trying to stall bedtime. she asks, "where'd ______ go?" about a million times, asks for more milk, asks for more kisses, asks for more hugs, asks for whichever parent isn't putting her to bed to come, etc. didn't realize that started SO young!!!
12. tim and i went to a sunday school class on sunday for the first time in YEARS!!! somehow a long time before we had sarah we got suckered into keeping the nursery with my parents, and we never made our way out again!
13. my pharmacist told me i was his hero. seriously. he was so impressed that i fought our insurance company to get sarah's medicine covered. i thought that was hilarious!!!
that's what's going on in our lives. in a nutshell...
Tuesday, August 8, 2006
tim thought the kids were playing musical chairs in this pic!!! they are just so busy!
Monday, August 7, 2006
Thursday, August 3, 2006
a quiz for "friends"-lovers only :) today's thursday thirteen is 13 quotes from "friends". whoever gives the most correct answers to who said each quote wins!!! (i really think that only my friend maribeth will play...but i still love "friends" enough to devote this blog to it!)
1. "could i be wearing any more clothes?"
2. "I KNOW"
3. "you could try...but you would not be successful"
4. "his legs flail about as if independent from his body"
5. "did you know richard has a twinkie in the city?"
6. "yep...we were in the i hate rachel green club"
7. "my sister is pregnant with my baby"
8. "you went on and on for 16 pages...front and back"
9. "you fell ASLEEP?"
10. "the chipper? why do i think that's not as happy as it sounds?"
11. "my friend asked for an onion, not an olive, and i don't know what this drink is"
12. "and just so you know...its not that common, it doesn't happen to every guy and it is a big deal"
13. "the guy says hi and i want to kill myself"
good luck, maribeth!!! and anyone else who is brave enough to go head-to-head with a truly obsessed "friends" fan...me!!! i did this pretty quickly. i could probably make 3 months worth of thursday thirteen "friends" quotes :)
Tuesday, August 1, 2006
sarah thinks that yogurt is ice cream...i know, i know...i am a horrible mother to teach my child that she is not eating what she thinks she is eating. but, she gets so excited when she thinks she's getting such a fun treat! (and because i am a FUN mom, she does get real ice cream occasionally--well, low fat frozen yogurt, actually) anyway...so we are shopping at walmart the other day, and we get to the dairy section and sarah yells, "ice cream"! i got a bunch of funny looks from the other shoppers! and miss maribeth and my parents keep threatening to tell sarah the truth! oh no!!!
and i give sarah rice cakes as snacks or for breakfast. but, she just calls them "cakes"...
so, fast forward a few weeks to sarah's first day of preschool...sarah walks into school and her new teacher asks her what she had for breakfast. sarah's reply, "cake and ice cream"!!! boy! i'll surely get called into the principal's office for that one :)