Sunday, July 30, 2006
Saturday, July 29, 2006
Friday, July 28, 2006
a few "big boy moments"...the past 2 nights he has slept 10 hours straight! he has started putting himself to sleep without nursing on occasion. he has fallen asleep in the car without crying at all twice this week (without a pacifier!!!)! he has been taking good naps every 2 hours! he has been a good shopper (a must in the kelly woodard family)!
i don't know if i've mentioned it before, but drew plays with his feet all the time! at first it was just holding onto them, but now he's putting them in his mouth! its too cute! he also has become VERY vocal! he has started saying, "ba.ba.ba.ba" and "da.da.da.da"! he screams in delight a lot! and he just learned to "gurgle"...he gets a little saliva in the back of his throat and goes to town!
i think that about sums up drew's latest and greatest feats! he is trying to sit up on his own SO hard! he's in such a hurry to get big enough to play with sarah!!!
1. we have been working on "remembering" our counting. so, we all hold up the correct number of fingers while sarah is counting out loud. so, she was counting along...1,2,3,4...and then she said, "hi!" she thought i was waving "hi" instead of showing the number 5! what a cutie!
2. the whole time we were in franklinton, we pointed out cows, horses, other random animals in pastures along the road while we were travelling. apparently we said, "sarah do you see the horses? see them?" so sarah has started saying, "see 'em?" she'll say, "my glasses, see 'em?" they really do hear...AND REPEAT everything! speaking of which, sarah has now said, "oh my goodness" and "oh shoot" (for real shoot NOT the bad word) at appropriate times! ok, so its not appropriate for a child to say ever, but she dropped her bag full of toys and exclaimed, "oh shoot"! its so hard not to laugh!
3. sarah is obsessed with flags and airplanes! what?!? its so funny to see passing phases! almost every house on our street has a flag--so we get really excited about every 2 seconds!!! and with a very busy airport in memphis, we see lots of planes as well!!!
4. sarah is such a big helper!!! she will get the diaper bag, unzip it, get out a diaper, get out the wipes, try to undress drew, and try to help wipe drew's bottom! she is a little mommy! she also loves to "hold" drew right now. she will try to keep him entertained while he is lounging in her lap on the floor!
5. and perhaps my favorite new thing...sarah has started saying, "hold you" whenever she wants me to pick her up and hold her! i think its too precious that she says that instead of "hold me"!!!
sarah is a constant source of entertainment! of course, we think she's the greatest!!!
sarah, drew, and i stayed home alone for the first 4 days daddy was gone on his business trip, then we loaded up the van with mimi and poppy and headed south! my beautiful cousin emily married steve on the saturday we were in louisiana (the original purpose of the trip). i listened to the ceremony from the church lobby as sarah yelled, "dance" every time music was played! at the reception, sarah was the first wedding guest on the dance floor! she loves to groove to the music! the whole trip was soooo much better than anticipated with a 5 month old and a 22 month old! they were excellent on the car ride--all 7 hours! sarah talked THE WHOLE TIME! she is a chatter box! and drew was a dream! the rest of the visit was great, too! we spent time with almost all of my mom's and dad's families. sarah added many more names to her "roll call"! she was especially excited about g.g. and pawpaw's dog, daisy, and aunt annie's dog, tippy! when we got back to memphis (we cut the trip to 5.75 hours on the return trip), we had 3 more days until daddy got home! his much anticipated return occurred at 5:45 today!!! so, we have had a lot going on! mommy's brain doesn't work too well when she is the only adult in the house...aka, unable to formulate thoughts for a blog! hopefully i'll be a more frequent blogger again now!
Friday, July 7, 2006
Thursday, July 6, 2006
so, i'm hoping i'll remember to do these "thursday thirteen" each week. i think they are fun!!! here's this week's list (i LOVE lists!):
THIRTEEN OF MY FAVORITE TV SHOWS: (past and present)
1. Friends--all time favorite!!!
2. Grey's Anatomy
3. Gilmore Girls
4. Boston Legal
6. CSI trilogy
7. Without a Trace
8. Criminal Minds
9. American Idol
10. The Bachelor
12. The Ellen Degeneres Show
i really am not positive that these are my favorite of all time. really friends is the only show that is not current. so, this list should probably be called "my current favorite tv shows". oh, well...
Wednesday, July 5, 2006
Tuesday, July 4, 2006
drew looking awfully cute!!!
i'm still trying to get the hang of this picture posting-thing...hopefully these will all work out ok! oh, yeah...adults were also present at the 4th of july celebration, but they aren't nearly as cute to photograph!